View Single Post
Old 11-04-2010, 11:35 AM   #14
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Lee - lots, and I am glad it isn't my call.
Vlad -- sure I'd love him back at a descent rate -- just not 9M -- he carried the team at times.

Ideally MY moves to the utility infield and DH spot and plays 2, SS, 3 and DH as needed. Lets face it, he could play for years in that role.

Catcher is the big question. Even if you keep Benjie for the post season, he would wear down quickly at his age/size, IMO. Is there a true stud catcher available - that you could use some of the supposed pitching?

1st base -- oh my gosh how many stud 1st basemen has Texas given up over the last few years. Hafner, Gonzalez, Tex, Smoak, etc. Texas can usually find one somewhere. Moreland can be the interim but ideally the backup 1 and 5th outfielder.

Is there anything that can fix Chris Davis -- dang it would be nice if he could hit again.

IMO -- sign Lee priority 1.
find a stud C priority 2 (even if it costs a little)
find a upgrade 3rd baseman - priority 3.
find a upgrade 1st basemen - priority 4.
Use MY as the utility IF and part time DH.
Use Moreland as the backup OF, and backup 1.
Use Julio as speed late in the game and 4th outfielder.

If you have Vlad (only at a bargain) - use him less so he can be strong in the late season. (more days off)

Leave Nefti as the closer. Get Frankie back.
Use Lee, CJ, CL, Holland and Hunter as your starters.

IMO, Harrison has something - keep him in a setup role. (Maybe 8th inning role)

Dang, Texas has some good problems to have with some of their pitching right now. They should be able to get a stud C with some of it. Kirkman, Rapada, O'Day, Ollie, Frankie, and Lowe would all be great assets to use if needed for that "guy".

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote