View Single Post
Old 08-04-2014, 12:24 AM   #4065
Jproxursoxoff

Jproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to behold

Regarding the Dirk/Garnett debate, I don't know about 04-05 but definitely by 2005-2006 Dirk reached a level of eliteness I dont think Garnett ever got to (largely due to the playoff run, no matter how it ended). Although I was pleasantly surprised that Dirk worked his tail off once Nash left (04-05) to go from perennial all-star level to perennial mvp-candidate. You guys are right though. There were definitely signs before that. That playoff sweep against the Wolves was incredible. I think Dirk averaged like 33 ppg or something. Plus it seems Dirk's had a longer prime.

More importantly, I wouldn't say it's public opinion that Dirk is higher on the all-time list than Garnett. I mean DUHH he is, but I'm just saying that's not the general consensus... especially among younger fans. I actually JUST about a month ago had a debate over youtube comments on the issue. One dude and others seemed to think I was delusional. But Dirk will never get his due. Ever. And I've accepted that so mehh.

Last edited by Jproxursoxoff; 08-04-2014 at 12:33 AM.
Jproxursoxoff is offline   Reply With Quote