Thread: Gay marriage...
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2008, 05:03 PM   #169
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocelot_ark View Post
Not trying to incite anything, but what about murder? It's against God's law to kill someone. Does that mean that soldiers are murderers? Were you a McCain supporter that believed we should stay in Iraq, knowing that many people would die at the hands of our soldiers? Does that mean you're voting for murder? I'm new to the politics forum, so I honestly don't know who you were pulling for or your stance on the war. Nor do I believe that wartime killings are necessarily murder, though there are some that do. But there are those of us that can separate God's rules when they come to matters of the state and those that don't. And there are those that ignore ONE to justify the OTHER.
Ah, Murder. That is a very very hard subject believe it or not. Moses spent 40 years in the desert for not believing in God and charging forward to kill the inhabitants of Canaan.
Joshua killed many under the direction of God.
Elijah killed the prophets of Baal in the valley of Kinshon.
Saul didn't kill all he was suppose to, so he lost the kingship.
David warred with many and became a great soldier/King and was a man after Gods own heart.

Jesus said to love you enemies, and to love you neighbor as thyself.

Murder and Killing are not the same thing though. I also do not believe that killing is an unforgivable sin. Personally I have always had a hard time with this one.

God allowed Elisha to call down a bear which killed kids because they were making fun of his bald head. How is that fair? Kids were being kids.

But who am I to question him, or his ways?

Job lost 10 kids who had done nothing at all wrong, basically to prove that Job was a righteous man. Was that fair to the kids?

In answer to you, I am ex-military and know about having to make a choice about killing. I have been in a fire fight. I made my choice at that time. I have asked forgiveness. Whether my choice was right or wrong -- I'll answer for with him. I did my job while in the military. I followed the rules/laws that I was given there -- they were a little different than the ones that people live with in the US today. UCMJ is a little different.

With that said, I pull for Gods will to be done. I thought McCain was the better choice for the military aspect. God chose for Obama to be in charge of this nation at this time. Who am I to question him? As long as Obama's choices don't get in direct conflict with what I believe Gods will/laws to be, then I will support him. If they do conflict, I will follow my interpretation of what I believe God's will is. That makes me just as bad/good as any Muslim terrorist and yes, I recognize that.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote