Thread: Stromile Swift
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2003, 03:47 PM   #4
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold
Default RE: Stromile Swift

I don't think I'd do either of those trades.

Besides, I think Khan has it wrong. Swift is going to be the starter there and get big time minutes for the Griz. He's been playing pretty well so far this year. I think West likes him. Lorenzen Wright is the odd man out in my opinion. If you can work out a deal, he's yours. The problem? He has a big contract that doesn't end until 2006 - around $6.6 this year. I don't think West is interested in Fortson, althgough there were those extended rumors of a deal with Golden State this summer that suprisingly died out after the Mavs trade. I'm damn sure West isn't interested in Abdul-Wahad. Other than those guys, there isn't anyone left on the Mavs roster worth giving up for Wright.

Would the Mavs really want to dump Walker or Jamison for a mediocre center? Would a Delk/Najera for Wright deal be good for the Mavs? For the Grizzlies? I don't think so.

There could be a deal hidden in there somewhere, but I can't find it.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote