View Single Post
Old 08-20-2004, 01:43 PM   #21
lonny22

lonny22 is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Roster trimming trade

Cutting the Mavs salary is an exercise in futility. They make trades because they have the high salaries to do it. The Mavs will never get far enough under the cap to sign big-time players, so their best option is to stay over the cap and keep trading salaries.

I can't understand why everybody gets bent out of shape about salaries. I want Cuban to spend the money it takes to have the best team. That's a lot more important than how much money he spends that doesn't come out of your pocket. If it takes $100 Million to win a title, then so be it.

The Hawks had well over $30 Million to spend in free agency and got NOBODY. The Bulls have done the same thing in previous years. On the other hand, the Mavs keep trading extra PF's for players at all the other positions. I'll take the Mavs offseason.

Look at the current roster. Through trades, we have effectively gotten:

Dampier/ Eschmeyer/ Dickau/Dirk/Stackhouse/Harris/Booth/Terry/Henderson/Abdul-Wahad

FOR

Najera/Flores/Popeye/Tractor Traylor/Rigaudeau/Harvey/Eisley/Etan Thomas/H. Davis/Alexander/Vaught/Laettner

I didn't include Finley or Bradley since they went in fire sales. My point is the Mavs trades make the team better.
lonny22 is offline   Reply With Quote