View Single Post
Old 09-21-2006, 09:19 AM   #20
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Several things....

The Simarillion is a good read if you really really really enjoyed LOTR, and are interested in the history, but I cant see making a succesful movie out of any of it. It gets so bogged down in a sort of "bible-like" creationism rhetoric for much of the book. I enjoyed it though.

2nd.... who cares when the next harry potter movie comes out? Warner Brothers has killed that movie franchise by allowing every different director free reign on what will be in the movie and what wont be. Leaving out vital information, not looking at the big picture, and only concerned for their movie.

The better question is, when does book 7 come out? (sometime next summer I hope)