View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 08:23 AM   #116
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmbwinn
True Story:

I used to live in Kansas City, KS (bad side of Kansas City). I was a college student at that time at a small Catholic college (I'm not Catholic). I was renting a "dorm" which used to be the place where Nuns lived (no nuns there at that time). Actually, my wife and I had the larger room where Mother Superior lived. I came home from a trip to Topeka with my wife. My wife entered the little room and screamed. I was right behind her. There was a man in the bedroom. He ran for the front door (we had entered through the small garage). I barely missed him at the door but ran him down. I caught him at the doorstep of his own rented house and took a large knife away from him and held him with his own knife. I, at the point of his own knife, collected his driver's license and social security card. I called 911 from his own phone. The lady who answered the call was incredulous and shocked. The police showed up and carried him away. That man was quite a bit bigger than me.

I know how I react to a threat. I could have been killed. I did not choose to hurt him.

On another later occasion, when I got home (different home, actually a rented home), the back door had been kicked down and my happy stupid hound dog was happily sitting in the living room waiting to greet me. He seemed happy to have had the extra visitor before me. On that occasion, the person was no longer around. I was a poor college student and had next to nothing. They stole a TV and some cheap tools and broken box fan. My wife and I truly had not much and the "hit" wasn't worth it...

On another occasion, I traveled to Chicago from Texas for a conference. I went to the wrong hotel (darn mapsco). I was in the bad part of Chicago. I pulled over in my new Toyota Camry wearing a white shirt and tie. I stepped out to walk into a small "ma and pa" type grocery store. 8 men eyed me and started to flank me walking out a circle to enclose me. I looked like an easy target. I calmly reached into my coat pocket and pulled out a revolver and spun the wheel. I put the revolver back in my pocket and pulled out a knife which I flipped open and scratched my face with. I put the knife back in my pocket. I stood still and glared at the group. They broke up and walked 180 degrees away from me (each in a different direction). I was not an easy target.

So...

That is who I am. And, I have finished 25 grades of education. I am no redneck bumpkin. I am not Obama's "bitter gun owner". I am just an honest hard working American who is well educated, now well compensated, well armed, and well intentioned in all situations. When I was threatened, I hurt no one. But, I could have if I needed to.

All of the above is true.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to wmbwinn again.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote