View Single Post
Old 03-22-2012, 10:30 PM   #49
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribosoma View Post
On most sites outside of those frequented by neo-Nazis, racial slurs and accusations as to one's sexual preference are most certainly ban-worthy, and in short order. I saw the quotes and they were pathetic, ugly, and shameful. If this were the first time for it, I would agree that the ban was quick. But this wasn't the first time. Even after his first ban, he was antagonizing the mods right out of the gate.

At some point, there aren't any cheeks left to turn, and when one poster's pathology is allowed to fester long enough, and to the detriment of several members, a lack of action becomes complicity. I don't envy the fine line our mods have to walk at all. To equate any comments that they have made to Cadbane with the comments Cadbane sent to rabbitproof is a complete and utter joke. Any defense, whatsoever, of those comments is shameful. If you didn't read what he originally posted, my advice would be to just move along. Reading them certainly didn't add anything of benefit to my life.
Um, I think when he said, "that was a quick ban," he was talking about how one of Cadbane's new profiles disappeared quickly, but you wouldn't have noticed because his comments were also removed...

Hope that clears up the confusion.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote