View Single Post
Old 08-31-2007, 10:56 PM   #4
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

This was an interesting take on Sir Harry RunsaLot.

http://www.redstate.com/stories/the_...ertent_success

Quote:
Unlike the dKos and MoveOn types, I think that Reid's opposition to the war was prosaic to a most ordinary degree. He was searching for a political advantage. (Don't get me wrong here, I have much more respect for someone who opposes the war on the grounds of tawdry political opportunism than those who believe placing 25 million people under the rule of al Qaeda and Ahmadinejad is a neutral act, this alone places Reid on a higher moral plane than most of Nancy Pelosi's caucus.) He is keenly aware of the Democrats's vulnerability on any issue dealing with the safety of Americans and wished to remove Iraq as an issue in the 2008 election. If you understand that one fact, you understand Reid's motivations and the danger he is in.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 08-31-2007 at 11:24 PM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote