Thread: Now what?
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2022, 03:48 PM   #539
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
Thank you for calming me down. The fact is that every night I pray to God that Mark Cuban has sufficient money to buy groceries and feed his family. His projected $4.7 Billion net worth, doesn't go far in today's economic landscape with inflation and all.

And it's not so much about JB and what his salary should be, given his abilities. It's the bluster from Cuban that he is not going to let JB go, he will pony up the money, and its really only a matter of does JB want to be a Maverick. And then, you don't even match the offer made by the Knicks? It's a bad look and it makes the Mavs look like they are not serious about building a championship team. Again, I think he should have offered 5 yrs and $125M. JB would have said 'no" (I'm guessing). But at least you did what said you were going to do.
Sigh, yea, it's totally financially responsible to just throw away $130MM in the first year of the deal that "supposedly" would get it done. For all we know, maybe they did up their offer and JB was always set on going to the Knicks. A lot of assumptions up in here, and I get it. So many are getting riled up over this is mindboggling.

I'm with you that if they had the indication that Cato presented, they should have been working on SNT and getting something back in return. That and not reupping Brunson when it would have been cheaper is all on the Mavs, Cuban and the FO. But then again, all we have to go by is Brunson's dad's word there, and I can give two shits worth of credit to that given how this has played out. We only have sources and "reports" of what we may have offered Brunson, none of which we can hang our hat on. But I guess it's all we have to discuss, so again, I get it.

In the end, fuck Brunson's dad and the Rose's.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote