Thread: Now what?
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2022, 05:00 PM   #556
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
I don't get what the motivation for the Knicks giving us value would be?

Why would the Knicks give us talent/picks for a guy they could just sign for free?
Well NOW they don't have any incentive, because they cleared the cap space to sign him outright. But they had to trade multiple players to do that. They traded Noel and Burks to Detroit just to clear the cap space. I don't know what the conversations were like behind closed doors, but common sense tells me if the Mavs wanted to facilitate this, they could have. Burks and Noel would have been a fine return for Brunson. I would have been happy with that.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote