View Single Post
Old 03-20-2001, 04:54 PM   #25
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

Like I said, you voiced your opinion and I voiced mine. I don't necessarily agree with you. I don't think he's Michael Jordan, I don't think he's as deadly a shooter as Reggie Miller either. However do I think he has the potential to become great? YES! Do I think he has the potential to be the greatest Dallas Maverick? YES! Does that mean I think he has the potential to be a hall of famer? YES! Now one thing I'll agree with you on, I don't think there are many great players in the NBA either, THAT'S why I think Finley is near the top! Now take Finley and put him in the 80's you're right, he's an AVERAGE PLAYER! I agree, but in this league, he's a PREMIER player IN MY EYES! Now you don't have to agree with it, I don't care if you do or don't, that's my opinion.

In the same way, do I think Dirk can be great YES! Never said he sucked either, I'm just not willing to call him the savior yet. Which I've heard several people willing to do with him and Nash. While I think Dirk has the potential to be great, I do NOT think Nash has that potential. HE is the one who is solid at best.

So to answer your question I like Finley the way he is, which is an ALL-STAR and the leader of this team. He's being unselfish and let me tell you something he doesn't have to. Look at Kobe, look at the nonsense going on there. Even Portland has done their share of bickering too. So like I said, it takes a GREAT PLAYER to take a lessor role and not complain about it if it's for the better of the team. People like Jordan and Magic did it. People like Dominique Wilkens who was an EXTRAORDINARY talent wouldn't, and that's what seperates him very being an UNSTOPPABLE offensive talent and a GREAT all around player! Mike is a great all around player!