View Single Post
Old 12-25-2008, 10:53 PM   #27
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefelump View Post
Wow, you're completely ignorant of the charitable work done by churches on behalf of "outsiders"?

Let's see here, ever heard of the Salvation Army? You know, those obnoxious bell ringers at Wal Mart. What is that money used for? I wonder....

Let's go back to Hurricane Katrina. How many churches gave aid to the victims? How many churches sent people to Louisiana and Mississippi to help with the cleanup? Did you go help with the cleanup with your church? My brother and I did.

The LDS Church (mormons) have been involved in cleanup/relief efforts in just about every natural disaster in recent history (Katrina, that Tsunami a couple of years ago, etc).

How many Catholic charities are there in third world countries? I don't have the exact number, but there are many.
I think what I'm hearing from you is that churches respond well to emergencies. That's certainly well and good.

I think we were talking about non-emergency situations, like the homeless on the street. We were discussing the idea that conservatives care more for those homeless than the liberals do.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote