View Single Post
Old 12-17-2016, 08:30 PM   #46
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebo View Post
Mavs lost with Rondo exactly what? As far as I remember Mavs were considering signing Rondo that coming summer, before the trade happened. Testing Rondo out for half a season versus being stuck with him for at least 2 seasons... I know which one I would take.

When it comes to price of Noel, things seem to be on the fence of here. This board considers him worth less than many other boards. No idea what his price ends up being. But what exactly Mavs have to lose if they are only throwing in Simba + 2nd or heavily protected 1st round pick? Only way Mavs could lose that deal would be that they start winning games.

Besides, similar situation that Mavs had with Rondo. I am quite sure Mavs will give an offer to Noel this summer. Unless Boogie drags things out and Noel signs before him. It may well be that Mavs give pass when it comes to Boogie and go straight after youth of Noel. Which one you prefer, half a season of testing Noel or long term deal?
The difference between Rondo and Noel is that the Mavs were one solid PG away from competing for a ring when they traded for Rondo... You don't mind giving up some assets for a guy who can help you during the playoffs, especially since a deep run would probably convince him to re-sign when his contract is up. It didn't work out, but the move made sense within the context of where the team was at the time.

But the Mavs are playing for absolutely nothing right now, so Noel isn't likely to stick around after this season. You don't give up assets for a short-term rental who is probably going to bolt for greener pastures once his contract is up. If we really want Noel, the sensible thing would be to wait until this summer and try to sign him outright since there's nothing for a lotto-bound team to gain by trading for him now.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 12-17-2016 at 08:33 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote