View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 06:20 AM   #109
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

I also dont think Iggy would kill the chemistry. Iggys only weakness is a shaky jumper but lets be honest Butler is also far away from a kickass midrange game.

In every other category Iggy holds an advantage:
defending
passing
transition
slashing/getting to the line (another step away from "do or die with the jumpshot")
durability
Another thing is contract&age. Iggy has 4 years left, so at the end of our Dirk window he is "just" 31. If he keep Butler, Cuban wont let him just walk. He will get a Marion type deal. 4-5 years running until he is 35. That means in the 2nd half of Dirks extension we are REALLY old, almost every key guy except Chandler/Roddy being 33 or older.

Paul will stay in NO this season and Carmella would cost us Roddy, Butler and maybe even Chandler (for Anthony/Smith/Anderson).

Yes, Iggy isnt the scoring robin but that would be kind of just Carmella anyway. But we would have three different robins to step up: the shooter Terry, the slasher Iggy and Roddy that is able to do both.

So even with our run i do the deal (of course without Roddy or Chandler). Our defense cant get worse and i dont see how Iggy would be overall worse than Butler.

Last edited by sefant77; 12-06-2010 at 09:38 AM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote