View Single Post
Old 05-16-2007, 06:26 PM   #84
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
Wow, he just doesn't get it. I'm a high schooler, and even I get this stuff. Any basketball fan should be able to udnerstand it, it's very basic stuff.

If Billups becomes a free agent the only way we can get him is the MLE, LLE, or Vet's minimum because we are over the cap. We could sign him for that, but he won't take that little it's common sense. So using common sense, we can determine that we CAN'T sign Billups. The only real way we could get himis through a sign and trade, in which we'd have to give up players so that the salaries match, which I seriously doubt we do. We are NOT going to get Billups, get it through your head.
You still dont get it, because you just proved my point that we COULD get Billups w/o trading for him. That is my whole point. There are two options. Trade or sign him from free agency. There is no such thing as only real way to get him like you suggested above. The Mavs can sign him or trade for him. So, that makes any point that you made or others that we can ONLY trade for him NOT correct. Now, I dont know what Billups wants to do or I dont even know what situation his family is in, but I have seen stranger things when it comes to wanting to get out of town for a reason. How bout, would Billups sign a 1-year deal with the Mavs, and get back on the market next season? I think this is a possible situation as well. Could Cuban have something up his sleeve that he can land Billups? I dont know, but I do know it is being talked about seriously here.