View Single Post
Old 05-16-2007, 06:37 PM   #87
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov
You still dont get it, because you just proved my point that we COULD get Billups w/o trading for him. That is my whole point. There are two options. Trade or sign him from free agency. There is no such thing as only real way to get him like you suggested above. The Mavs can sign him or trade for him. So, that makes any point that you made or others that we can ONLY trade for him NOT correct. Now, I dont know what Billups wants to do or I dont even know what situation his family is in, but I have seen stranger things when it comes to wanting to get out of town for a reason. How bout, would Billups sign a 1-year deal with the Mavs, and get back on the market next season? I think this is a possible situation as well. Could Cuban have something up his sleeve that he can land Billups? I dont know, but I do know it is being talked about seriously here.
No, YOU still don't get it. You're trying to refocus the discussion. You started this now-famous thread stating that Cuban would "break the bank" and really go for it by signing Billups.

Somehow I doubt by "break the bank" you really meant "get Chauncey to sign the biggest bargain in the NBA in 10 years".

Possible, but unlikely, that you meant that.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com