View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 10:45 AM   #59
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

What's wrong with other players being better than Dirk? He's been great, he's been special, he's been my favorite sports star for more than a decade, but I have no problem with there being other player more valuable, more versatile, more successful than him.

Comparisons between players of different generations is always problematic. I think the only players whose comparison with Dirk makes sense are Duncan, Garnett, and maybe Chris Webber. Power forwards of the 00's. I think Durant is already a new generation, a new breed of player. He might redefine the way the game is played on his position, like Dirk did. And at the end of Durant's career you might compare the two and talk about who had a more successful career and who did change the NBA more.

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote