View Single Post
Old 03-06-2023, 02:18 PM   #581
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon2 View Post
Its so baffling that McGee doesn?t get any playing time. My guess is Kidd is a guard and his coaching is ?guard? heavy. He just doesn?t know how to coach bigs.
I appreciate outside the box thinking and theories like these. It's entertaining for me personally.

However, Kidd was around for so long and had success at the highest level and over came a lot in order to finally win a championship.

I'd counter with, being a guard who is also very much a floor general. He directs bigs in Tyson Chandler and Dirk who are very different style of players and managed to anchor the defense out front and know where to direct others on offense and defense as well. I can't buy into the idea that he is just so lost with how to use a big man simply because he was a guard. He was one of the best PGs ever and in order to even sniff that level, you have to know how every position works and you have to understand it in depth in order to be successful especially when you change teams and philosophies like he did numerous times.

I'm not even about to make excuses for his short comings. If I'm trying to pin point why we ended up with DP as a starter it's because DP hustles 100% of the time and is where he is supposed to be WAY more than any other big. He keeps going to the well because he can count on DP not bogging down the offense by being out of position or taking bad shots. Hell he doesn't even take shots and Kidd can rely on that too. Short story is there is no one better in his opinion at what he wants to do, which also leads to the core of why we are where we are.

Kidd isn't the guy to eat mistakes and own blame. RC used to make a meal out of tactical errors and players who "weren't prepared or didnt execute plays etc" by saying " I didn't have them prepared" or whatever phrase he chose at the time. Kidd isn't going to make big changes because something isn't working. His ego and pride are hurdles that he can't overcome in that regard.

He isn't the brightest strategist and chess isn't his game. Now on the floor playing, he could play speed chess because he is still relying on his own abilities physically and things are happening in the moment and he is good utilizing his instincts. That's why there's a difference between floor general and leader/coach on the floor and being an actual head coach. He's not yet a good people manager, a strategist or deep critical thinker at the NBA coaching level.

He may possibly end up being a good head coach one day but he is on his way to making such a bad name for himself that if he doesn't right the ship, it could be a long time before he gets another opportunity.

This build isn't a contender so you add that to a coach who day 1 offseason started out thinking himself, you have this team that performs terribly in the clutch and a team that is just drifting out at sea. Luka, and (temporarily) Kyrie are at the back of the ship blowing to get us going in the right directions but there is no real experienced captain to get us on course and the ship is a cheap refurbished pos that barely stays afloat

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote