View Single Post
Old 06-14-2006, 12:09 AM   #4
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

1. New Jack City- the first movie i've ever shed a tear over. It was really the 1st movie to touch on drugs and street violence. Wesley Snipes' best performance with good performances from Ice T, Bill Nunn, Chris Rock, and Allen Payne.

2. Training Day- I know a lot of people don't like this one, but i thought it was fantastic. Denzel was great and i loved the fact that he played the antagonist. Haven't seen too many Ethan Hawke movies, but this has to be his best one. But the thing about this movie that puts it so high on my list is the viewing experience. Me and my friends are always mocking the one-liners and jokes Denzel says in the movie. The jokes will never get tired.

3. Sin City- Before seeing this movie, i never even heard about the Graphic Novels. As a matter of fact, going into the theatre, i didn't know what this movie was about. After watching 5 minutes of it, i could already tell this movie played the comics well. This movie was easily the best comic adaptation ever. I loved the film noir elements, color schemes, camera angles. But the thing that shocked me the most was the acting. Normally in action flicks, the only person doing the real acting are the bad guys, but everybody in this movie nailed their roles. And call me crazy, but if William Hurt could be nominated for an Oscar for his role in A History of Violence (a movie i'll get too soon), then Mickey Rourke could've got a nod for best supporting actor.

4. Rocky- Looking at my avatar, you should've known this was going to be here. Slyvester Stallone did a fantastic job putting this film together. Writing, directing, and starring in an Oscar winning film is rare (he should've won for all 3). The story of this film was great. A man trying to find the passion within himself to pull off a miracle with a once in a lifetime opportunity. Good performances from Talia Shire, Burt Young, and Carl Weathers. To me, this movie had the best ending of any movie. I loved the look on Apollo's face when Rocky got up after taking his best shots, the fact that he ends up losing, and the fact that he didn't care about anything but Adrian.

5. Rocky II- good sequel. This was the last of the Rocky films that had good acting. I also loved the story about a man trying to pick himself up and go for his desires. The final boxing sequence was pretty good.

Like Blab said, there are better pure movies than the ones i listed, but these are the ones that had certain elements that stood out to me.

P.S.- 6. Batman Begins, 7. Crash, 8. Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle (funny movie), 9. Die Hard, 10. Tie b/A History of Violence and Pirates of the Carribean.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote