View Single Post
Old 06-14-2006, 04:25 AM   #5
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

I'm not a huge movie person so I'm just going to list some things off the top of my head (not very well thought-out so there might be better candidates):

High Fidelity
- John Cusack's performance as the music-snob record store owner really spoke to me as both a fan of good (and sometimes, purposefully obscure) music. Ho-hum about the relationship stuff but it was funny, witty, ironical, and realistic all at the same time. A story about Joe Everyman's heartbreak and redemption in the span of 2 hours? Check.

The Red Violin
- Haven't been able to find this movie around, I just remember thoroughly enjoying the story as it traced the history of a single violin and its multitude of owners. It served to remind me of my mortality and wonder which of my belongings would outlive me.

Sneakers
- Watched this for the first time when I was like 10. This was back when computers were a relatively new phenomena. Great cast, simple plot that really spoke to the potential criminal in me (). Definitely one of my favorites of all time.

The Untouchables
- Watched this on the treadmill a week ago, just a great movie. Costner didn't suck, Connery was good. It definitely did the Capone story justice. I thought the acting was superb and it really set the bar for old Italian gangster movies (well, setting aside the Godfather movies...which are in a league of their own).

Not Another Teen Movie (what can I say, I'm 5 years old)
- 'Effin awesome movie. Laughed my ass off every single time I watched it. The satire was fantastic and the references (I didn't get most of them since alot of the movies they made fun of were chick flicks) didn't suck. Puts knock-offs like 'Date Movie' to shame. And I'm definitely like Jake.

Shawshank Redemption is definitely up around here's somewhere. Independence Day, Jay And Silent Bob Strike Back, Dogma, Clerks, Mallrats.

And I have to admit, I hated...HATED...A History of Violence. I thought that was one of the most terrible films I've ever seen. The New World is on that list of terrible movies, as is Blade 3.

Last edited by orangedays; 06-14-2006 at 04:34 AM.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote