View Single Post
Old 06-14-2006, 04:01 PM   #22
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterChaffy
Cap, I'd like to be able to comment more on your choices, but I've only seen 3 of them. I'd like to see Heat eventually, but I have many other movies that I would rather see first. I have seen parts of it, and thought it looked decent, but I have to see the whole movie (including the famed Deniro-Pacino scene) to make a real judgment.

I also haven't seen Smokey and the Bandit. I'm not that interested in it, to tell you the truth.

You already saw my thoughts on Dazed and Confused.

The Empire Strikes Back - Back when I first saw the Star Wars films, I loved them. Thought they were all great. When I was a kid, Jedi was my favorite (it was a kiddie movie, after all.) As I grew up some, Empire became my favorite. I went back and watched all three about eight months ago. Jedi was still kind of kiddie, A New Hope was pretty good (and certainly iconic.) But, I was shocked by how great Empire was. It is, to me, far and away the best of the three. It has the most character development, the more interesting story development, and some chilling shots. Love this movie.

Dr. Strangelove - Absolutely hilarious. It's been awhile since I've seen it, so I can't make a lot of comments, but I love Peter Sellers. George C. Scott was great in this as well. "There's no fighting in the war room!"

Blab - You don't have to be whacked out on acid to appreciate Clockwork Orange. I get where you are going with your response, though. I don't want this thread to be about the merits of the individual films either, because that's not what you intended, and I don't want to hijack your thread. If others ask me to comment on their films, I will, but I'm no expert. I'm just a recent grad who took a few film classes and loves film.
No problem. I agree totally with your take on ESB. The best part for me is Luke pouring with sweat as he battles Vader at the end. That confrontation was never matched in any of the OT or the lame excuse for a movie known as the prequels. It gives me chills just thinking about it.

As far as Clockwork Orange goes, if you aren't on something when you watch it you will feel like it when you get done. Or you will just feel dirty.

Last edited by Nemesis; 06-14-2006 at 04:04 PM.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote