View Single Post
Old 06-14-2006, 04:32 PM   #23
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

I'll edit this later with explanations (when I'm actually off work)

1. Fight Club - Absolutely love the dialog, the comedy in it, the dark color palette..... this movie has it all IMO. It helps that the DVD has such an absolutely flawless transfer (except for the cigarette burns...... you know what I mean). And one heck of a plot twist, at least for me.

2. Clockwork Orange - Another movie that is kinda bizarre, but it's so stylish, and once again the nadsat spoken by Alex and his droogs, the absolutely twisted plot..... another great one. Plus, the soundtrack is absolutely perfect.

3. Saving Private Ryan - Yet another technically impressive movie, Hanks' greatness really brings this one home. One of the most impressive scenes in the history of movies resides in this DVD (The Beach Landing)

4. City of God - This one is special to me, simply because it takes place in my hometown (albeit pretty far away from where I lived). This one has a bit of everything, I love the camera work, the dialog is excellent, very well delivered....... the characters are all memorable. Lil Zé is a great villain. I also liked the timeshift bit a lot. Best Brazilian movie ever. This movie (unfortunately) is very realistic, moreso than most people think.

5. Schindler's List - Tear jerker, this movie is so emotional from beginning to end.

Last edited by bernardos70; 06-14-2006 at 10:59 PM.
bernardos70 is offline   Reply With Quote