View Single Post
Old 06-14-2006, 05:20 PM   #26
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterChaffy
3. The Royal Tenenbaums - I don't know what it is about Wes Anderson, but every single film he does gets me. Maybe it's the great soundtracks, the beautiful cinematography, or the outstanding acting, or all of the above. I think that he might be the best filmmaker working today. The Royal Tenenbaums has a very somber story, but it is presented in an often hilarious way. I love every character in this film, because they all seem so real. They are all flawed characters who are doing their best to seek contentment in their lives. This may have been Gene Hackman's finest performance.
I am sure there will be more like this, but I can't believe I forgot that movie. I love that movie. It's the only reason I saw The Aquatic Life, which I thought was a bore.... but the Director is a genius. And any Ben Stiller movie gets high marks from me (I also think an underrated movie is Mystery Men with his power of rage... giggle). Anyway, I think this one might replace something on my list.... but it's hard to say which one.