View Single Post
Old 06-15-2006, 12:34 AM   #36
mavsman55
Platinum Member

mavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura aboutmavsman55 has a spectacular aura about

It's hard to combine my favorites in all genres into just 5 picks. Here goes:

5. The Exorcist (Original) - So many years old, and to date, the only movie that has geniunely freaked me out.

4. The Usual Suspects - Compelling the whole way through, and the ending picked my up by my head and kicked me square in the nuts. Brilliantly written.

3. Team America World Police - Trey Parker and Matt Stone are incapable of producing anything that isn't completely hilarious. Plus, this is the only time in your life that you will ever be able to witness 2 marionettes having sex.

2. Road to Perdition - Maybe I'm blowing this one up a little, but this is one of the few movies that has ever made me cry (I'm an 18 year old guy, I'm not supposed to cry over anything). The music by Thomas Newman just puts this one over the top. He wrote the music for the Shawshank Redemption and the Green Mile also, so you know what kind of emotion this guy can invoke.

1. Dumb & Dumber - To this date in my life, this is the only movie that I can watch over and over again and it never loses any of its initial funniness. I have seen this movie probably at least 40-50 times, and can quote nearly all of it. The sequel sucked bigtime.
mavsman55 is offline   Reply With Quote