View Single Post
Old 06-15-2006, 09:26 AM   #39
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

My Five:
Good but not top 5: Platoon, Iron Eagle, Top Gun, Heartbreak Ridge*, Starship Troopers, Silence of the Lambs

5) Good Morning Vietnam -- Robin Williams cracked me up.
4) Star Wars -- all 6 - all are good in their own way (first series I ever "just couldn't wait" for the next one to come out)
3) Lethal Weapon/Braveheart -- tied - I loved Mel's character in both of these
2) Lord of the Rings Trilogy -- doesn't get much better than this
1) Chronicles of Narnia/Passion of Christ -- loved the story line.

* Heartbreak Ridge was based on a true story about an Army unit in Grenada. The Army didn't want the publicity of admitting that they lost all communications (scene with the calling card was true), so the movie was shot as a Marine unit. I have a friend that was in the 82nd and was in Grenada during this, so it will always be a favorite movie.
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote