View Single Post
Old 07-04-2007, 10:58 PM   #3
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

So.... I get confronted tonight by a 20 something dude because he was upset with me because I wasn't holding my hand over my heart "during the National Anthem".

We were in a parking lot watching the fireworks and someone had the radio station on (turned up loud enough for the whole parking lot to hear) that was playing the "simulcast" thing with the Lewisville fireworks (music played to the fireworks display). Two problems with this accusation however..... 1. There was no flag present. 2. The song that was playing, that this kid apparently thought was the National Anthem was Lee Greenwoods "I'm Proud to be an American".

I just shook my head and continued watching the show. Unreal.

I hope that belief isn't rampant. I guess I can admire that this kid wanted me to hold my hand over my heart during the Anthem, but man get your facts straight.... where do you get this misinformation? Sad thing was that his group were all doing this (holding hands over their hearts while song played and looking at the fireworks of all things) and that did catch on to other groups in the parking lot. I just don't get it. Maybe it was a joke? I really hope it was.