View Single Post
Old 07-20-2007, 01:40 AM   #91
BEEMER

BEEMER is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Zoidberg
I think the importance of Yi for the Chinese government is a little overrated here. How could the government profit from Yi playing at a place with a huge Chinese population?

In my opinion the government has nothing to do with it. It´s all about the merchandising and money. The problem is the greed for money of the Chinese club Yi was playing for and his management.

So the key for Yi and the Bucks is to come to terms with his club (contractual and moneywise) and for Yi to change the management at best. It can´t be that hard to buy him out of his contract. Here is the question: Are the Bucks willing to pay the price?

All in all this is a very preposterous charade.

listen now....everyone needs to get out of this American(democracy government) way of thinking. No need to be mad at Yi. No need to start pointing fingers. Yi, if you didnt know is Chinese, and the Chinese, if you didnt know, is a Communist Nation. Yi is a part of what the Chinese call the Red Army or something like that. Basically, the Chinese control Yi. Yi cannot simply change management, or be bought out. Yi does not have the rights that you and I have. At any point in time China can say, Yi come back now. And basically he would have to, and if he didnt, then look at Wang Zhi-Zhi. A career over in the NBA b/c he never wanted to leave Dallas and go back to China. Well now he is back in China and they will never let him back in the NBA again. Communism is the complete opposite of our democracy. You cannot say what you wish, you cannot oppose the governement. You do not have what we have that makes America so great. The right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Those things do not exsist. No freedom of speech. No freedom of press. Nothing, it is all controlled by the government. This is, in all reality, no matter what you think is a very delicate situation, b/c the NBA needs Yi, Yi does not need the NBA. I say this because of David Stern and the NBA wanting to expand. And if we piss the Chinese off, it could be years before that heals. The NBA is a business. And as a business, you will make the best decision for the business as a whole. And NBA expansion across the world is more important than the Milwauke franchise. As bad as it sounds, this is the truth. This is business. Mil is wanting to hire Yi for his services. They own his rights for 1 year. They knew before hand this was a delicate situation because the wishes of the player do not matter at all here. Not even a little bit. Typically players tell their agents what they want(remembering that players are in the NBA to make a living doing a job that they love) and their agents go find the options do the negotiating of money and what they believe is best for the player, but in the end the player decides if he wants to play with that team or not, peform his job for that company. He doesnt have to, and his agent wont negotiate with a team that his client has no interest in working for. In Yi's case, he has no say, and his "agent" the government are calling the shots. If Yi does not like it then he cant just fire them. For all we know Yi could be sitting back thinking, damn people just let me go play. We dont know. But what i do know is that this is not Yi's decision and never will be. And he might not even care, he is already an international STAR, makes good money, and plays the game he loves for a job. Yi does not need the NBA. Not like a player coming out of college who say got drafted number 6, they certainly would not hold out this long because, this is their job, and if they sit out a year, they either have to go flip some burgers or go international...and thats a hard road to go down. Yi doesnt have that road. He is already a celebirty. Mil made a bad and terrible business decision by takin Yi with number 6 pick in a loaded draft knowing that the Chinese governement does not want him playing there. I hope you can see my perspective on this, knowing that this is more than a player holding out of his contract, and the typical college player would not do this because well most of these guys are hoping to support their whole family with their paycheck. They ofton dont have very many appealing back up plans. Yi and the Chinese do. So they(Chinese) have the final word.
BEEMER is offline   Reply With Quote