View Single Post
Old 07-21-2007, 04:25 AM   #96
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Dr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant future

If you think it will affect China or the government, respectively the government will gain a profit, than tell me in what way?

Yi Confirms Trade Request
July 20, 2007 - 3:20 pm SI.com -

Chinese teen star Yi Jianlian has broken his silence following a torrent of criticism about his refusal to move to the Milwaukee Bucks in the NBA, saying it was his decision alone not to play there.

The 19-year-old was was chosen by the Bucks as the No. 6 pick in last month's NBA draft but has refused to go there -- reportedly because he would not get enough playing time and that too few Chinese lived in Milwaukee.

The 7-foot power forward's U.S.-based agent, Dan Fegan, has been portrayed in China as one of the main villains in the affair.

But Yi made clear it was his decision, and not Fegan's, in wanting to be traded to another team.

"I've read some of the reports, but I don't think he has made too many decisions for me," Yi told Chinese reporters while training with the national team in Beijing on Thursday, and his comments were carried by the China Daily.

"It's clear that he works for me, so everything he is doing is based on my ideas," Yi said.

Link

Yi's Chinese Team Owner Says He Was Misquoted
July 20, 2007 - 7:49 pm ESPN -

The owner of Yi Jianlian's Chinese basketball team now says he was misquoted by the Beijing News when he was reported as saying Yi would "definitely not" play for the NBA's Milwaukee Bucks , according to PA Sportswire.

According to a transcript of his conference call with Chinese media earlier this week, Chen, the owner of the Guangdong Tigers, "specifically ruled out the possibility of Yi playing in the Chinese league next year," PA Sportswire reported.

However, Chen did say that the team "was trying to help [Yi] obtain a trade" from the Bucks, who drafted him in the first round.

In earlier reports, Chen was quoted as saying a lack of playing time was the primary reason Yi would not play for the Bucks. He said the Tigers were hoping to find a team that would be suiutable for Yi's growth as a player, with an eye toward developing him for the 2008 Olympics in Beijing.

But later reports quoted Guangdong vice chairman Liu Hong Xinjiang as saying Yi eventually could play for the Bucks.

Link

"Talk to the claw."

"They're getting 15, 16 assists some games. I dream about getting 15 assists. It's just not possible with the team I'm on." - Devin Harris about top-notch point guards and him playing with the Mavs

"For me, it’s like a kid in a candy store." - Jason Kidd on playing with the Mavs
Dr.Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote