Thread: David Lee
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2016, 12:02 PM   #27
Thebo

Thebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
Agree 100%.
Powell, Evans and Anderson should spend the entire off-season shooting 3s because that is the only way they'll get development time in Rick's system.
Aminu couldn't get on the floor much last season until he started becoming somewhat consistent on 3s.
Actually, at the beginning of season it looked like Powell had worked on his range. There were couple of times where play was drawn and Powell ended at 3 point line to shoot it - after pick & roll. I don't know if they still have it in playbook because Powell gets so low minutes and I have been missing most of the games after Dirk sadly lost the nice 20-1 streak of winning games when leading after the third.

I really like what Powell is giving but he only seems to have great nights when he gets 20+ minutes. Everything under that - even at 15 - seems to be quite average in terms of effort. I firmly believe that he can develop even further with his shot and hope that he gets some Holger treatment in the coming weeks. I can't imagine anyone else really needing or using Holger's treatment - unless Matthews is willing to change something to get out of his slump. Perhaps Anderson would really benefit from Holger, too.

However I do like the idea of David Lee. He would be another one of those players who - when subbed in - can completely change the pace and style Mavs normally do. But I believe he will join somewhere where he can get significant minutes - these past years have been awful for him. There are number of teams where he could get decent minutes but which teams don't really need him and therefore are not trading for him. At the same time, David Lee fits right in the mix of players who needed to rejuvenate their careers and come to Mavs.

I have no problem with Lee getting minutes from Powell - as long as Powell doesn't get frustrated by it and gets extra time to work on his game.
Thebo is offline   Reply With Quote