View Single Post
Old 03-29-2006, 02:35 AM   #86
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

You've got me beat! Though surely you will share my pessimism that the SAT is a reasonably accurate filter of those with higher intelligence. It's just too easy.

Though, I took it in a different time (1990, I think it was.) I understand it's quite a bit easier now, and also incorporates a third portion, a writing portion, which is graded subjectively. I believe I have also heard there is a subject-specific element to it, which there didn't used to be.

Actually, I say you beat me...but I took the SAT at age 16. Depending on the timing, my feat may have been more impressive. I never took the LSAT or the Stanford-Binet, but I'm certain that my scores would have rivaled yours, if this thread is any indicator.

Edit: Check that. I think I was 17 when I took the SAT, now that I reconstruct it. But I do remember reading something about how they made it easier when they revised it. Something like there were 200 people nationwide who aced it back then, compared to 2,000 now. I may be wrong, though. Regardless, it's not important. You are obviously quite smart, even if they made the test easier. Still prone to errors, but smart indeed.

Last edited by chumdawg; 03-29-2006 at 02:41 AM.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote