View Single Post
Old 03-29-2006, 02:59 AM   #90
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Chum, Dirk didn't struggle by any stretch of the imagination against Marion last year in the second round. He struggled in the first round, yes, but I honestly think that can be chucked up to a case of bronchitis, a rookie coach, and a team full of players that had never been to the playoffs.

Dude, you're right in that Cuban's gamble was that Nash would break down. And yes, he to date he hasn't done that. But truly, did ANYONE think he was going to break down last year? Or this year for that matter? I think the gamble was that Nash might break down when he's 34 or 35.

I also think it's a little sad that every Mav-fan that champions the Nash-era Mavs points to Dirk's injury in the WCF but makes absolutely no mention whatsoever of Chris Webber's virtually career-ending injury.

Let me put this very plainly. 2003 Kings > 2003 Mavs.

Is that a fact? Of course not, it's my opinion, which I know many will dispute. But my side of the debate is most certainly not without merit. The Kings were deeper, better defensively, had something that sort of resembled an inside presense, and were every bit as explosive offensively. Not to mention that the Nash-era Mavs were thoroughly, completely, totally, and undeniably owned by Lakers for several years. The Kings, as you already pointed out, gave the Lakers all they could handle. The Spurs? Well they beat the Lakers. I'm almost certain that if the Mavs ever met the Lakers in the playoffs, it would've been another 4-1 exit for the Mavs.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote