View Single Post
Old 10-19-2004, 01:11 PM   #1
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Trade Deadline -- looking better

Dallas trades: SF Josh Howard (8.6 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 1.5 apg in 23.7 minutes)
SF Jerry Stackhouse (13.9 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 4.0 apg in 29.8 minutes)
Dallas receives: SF Peja Stojakovic (13.9 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 4.0 apg in 29.8 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -22.5 ppg, -9.1 rpg, and -5.5 apg.

Sacramento trades: SF Peja Stojakovic (13.9 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 4.0 apg in 29.8 minutes)
Sacramento receives: SF Josh Howard (8.6 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 1.5 apg in 67 games)
SF Jerry Stackhouse (13.9 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 4.0 apg in 26 games)
Change in team outlook: +22.5 ppg, +9.1 rpg, and +5.5 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

I know this is way early, but this is looking more and more like a possibility by the deadline.

If Howard steps up, and he seems to be doing that this year, and Stackhouse shows that he is back, then this trade makes lots of sense, IMO.

Sac would be able to trade the disgruntled Peja for explosive scoring and overall defense. They would be left with a 3-swingman rotation of Christie, Stackhouse, and Howard. Very formidable. This would put CWebb as the #1 option again in the offense.

Dal would get some of that offense\accuracy they seem to be missing, and a tall SF. They would have a 3-swingman rotation of Peja, Daniels, Finley. Very Formidable.

What would some of the pro's/cons be for this trade, and why wouldn't it get done, or at least considered.

I am only posting this because I think it is much better than the idea than Sam Smith has about Curry or even a Peja/Christie for VC trade. I think Sac gets more out of Stack/Howard than they would from Curry or VC? What do you think?

*** Not that I really think it will happen ***

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote