Thread: Tank or try?
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2015, 11:21 AM   #71
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty4sevenn View Post
I think some of you don't know what "tanking" means. Tanking is PURPOSELY losing. Tanking is the organization and players saying "we are gonna try to be the worst in the league". Tanking is despicable and everyone involved in that idea should feel bad.

If we suck, fine. I can handle that. But at least try. I will pull for and support a .500 team for the rest of my life. With no shame at all. I will not ever support a team who decides to lose on purpose. For any reason.
I think "tanking" in this case boils down to how we build our roster, not how the players perform on the court... Pro basketball players are ALWAYS going to try to win games -- but Cuban has the opportunity to improve our chances of racing to the bottom if he doesn't go out and try to sign the best talent available (which doesn't appear to be an option anyway, so it's probably a moot point).

Remember, if we don't end up as one of the worst 7 teams in the league, then we lose this season's draft pick to Boston... I mean, we're definitely not playing for a ring, and we're probably not even playing for the 8th seed -- is it worth losing our pick if we're only good enough to be the 10th seed in the West? It's not like Dirk's final years are going to be any less wasted...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-09-2015 at 11:23 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote