Thread: Carbon Guilt
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2007, 10:40 PM   #12
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishForLunch
If we reduce carbon emissions then what, what is the alarmists plan to reduce the other major component of greenhouse effect water vapor. How about livestock will they next ask us to stop eating meat.
Keep in mind that you can accept the premise of carbon emission contributing to climate change without accepting the cataclysmic vision or the radical solutions offered by some extremists. That should be possible. It is unfortunate that the Democrats are such an easy target because sometimes there really is a wolf when the boy starts to cry. I can understand that sometimes it is difficult to discern, but the effort is worth it in this case. I am confident that if you engage in some serious research and keep an open mind you will find that there is a scientific consensus on global warming. I have argued this in another thread and the discussions on this board have helped me to dig deeper. I can't evaluate the science, but I have no doubt that the relevant scientific organizations and journals have in fact accepted this. I am also aware that more and more scientists are coming out now saying they don't agree. If the consensus changes, then we should change our thinking but right now the predominant view is that carbon emissions should be regulated at some level. Not sure what that level is, but to just ignore the consensus seems irresponsible.