View Single Post
Old 10-30-2008, 03:37 PM   #88
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoinewalker View Post
wow. i would never wish injury upon anyone, regardless of how much money they make.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan
I guess wishing injury upon a player could be considered a step above simply "not feeling bad" when such a player gets injured.
Fair enough. Perhaps I came on a bit strong. Contrary to the impression I may have given before, I don't sit and watch games and actively hope for the other teams' players to get injured. Allow me to recant: I don't feel the least bit bad for a pro athlete who gets injured, unless that person is on one of my teams. I don't root for it, but, if it does happen (and if it's not a injury that will threaten the person's overall health), I don't care. And if it's someone my team is up against, I'll be quite content with it.

I feel bad for orphaned children, cancer victims, starving families, people with AIDS, and homeless hurricane-struck people. I don't feel bad for overpaid athletes on opposing teams. Torn ACL? Career over? Boo hoo. Hope you got that college degree when you had the chance.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 10-30-2008 at 03:41 PM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote