View Single Post
Old 10-04-2005, 02:10 AM   #6
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:NFL Week 4 Thread

Quote:
Originally posted by: dirno2000
Farve is the most over hyped player in the league. I didn't even watch the game because I couldn't stand to listen to Madden perform an act of great admiration on an 0-3 quarterback. I did catch the last two plays and the cornerback made a good play...it's not like Driver just dropped the ball.

...and how can a quarterback single handedly bring a team back? Those no name receivers must have been getting open and that line of bench warmers much have protected him. If he's capable of single-handedly bringing the team to within 3, then single handedly score that last seven. No, when he fails it's somebody else’s fault.

not directed at you #1, this is just my pet peeve about the prais heaped on QB's...especially Farve.
D2K, is this just a criticism of Favre this year, or is this how you feel about your career in general? Because I've watched him for a long time, and my estimation of him has gone from careless, foolish mistake maker--with a great deal of dislike thrown in--to now a tremendous respect for his gamebreaking abilities.

I think you misinterpret "singlehandedly." Of course there has to be another person on the receiving end of that pass, and of course the QB has to remain on his feet long enough to throw it. But the point would be that there are a whole hell of a lot of quarterbacks who wouldn't perform in that situation, yet Favre did.

I've thought for the last three or four years that Brett Favre is the guy I would take first of all if I was drafting a quarterback from the entire league. Not Manning, not McNabb. If I was drafting for this one year, not for the future, I'd take Favre.

He is a SINGULAR talent.

chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote