View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 10:36 PM   #29
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
No kidding. I spent one semester in the dorms at UNT, and speeds on the weekends were just ungodly fast.

That was during the final good run of Napster, and there was another big p2p at that time, one of the first to do video files. Can't remember the name...[edit]Scour! Man I loved Scour.

Plus the entire dorm was on a domain and most people didn't know anything about sharing or security back then........maybe I should leave it at that.....

Ah those were the days....

As far as FIOS speeds, I do get to take advantage of the 15 down because I use newsgroups along with a download manager, for multiple connections at once. When I was doing torrents the upload was quite nice to keep you in good standing on monitored sites. But yeah, 30 is not really needed right now, unless you have several computers that need bandwidth at the same time.
Somehow I missed this one earlier today...

Yeah you're right though. The file sharing around there was rampant. They really closed off a lot of ports finally sometime in 2002. I was only there 3 semesters in the dorms. Of course if you had a good port scanner and some know-how.....

Oh and the counterstrike on the local dorm server was the best, thig