View Single Post
Old 01-26-2021, 03:02 PM   #91
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
I'm glad someone is seeing this with him.

The thing that irks me though is in that 3rd qtr you could see him pick up the intensity on that end of the floor vs Murray.

Now I'm not saying he was able to play lock down defense but just the extra effort alone really helped to slow things down.

That is IMO the way THJ should play right out of the gates.

Instead he seems to coast on defense for long stretches of games and launch that 3 point shot early and often even if there are driving lanes to attack.

In the 2nd half you could see him make of an effort to get to the rim and even run the floor in transition. Those easier buckets seemed to spark his 3-PT shot in the 3rd qtr before he cooled off again in the 4th.

No one expects THJ to shoot the ball great every nigh but when your shot isn't falling you got to at least bring energy on the defensive end so that your not being a liability on both ends of the floor for 3 out of 4 qtr's.

But hey maybe that's why he's better suited to being a 6th man where his shot hunting and lack of defense won't really hurt the team as often.
Assuming you are referring to THJ. Yes, I think he is better suited for 6th man role and mostly because he is fuel for other teams random guy having a career night. I'm surprised that he hasn't been relegated to 6th man earlier because they watch endless film on their defensive breakdowns. How long can you just not get it? For me, it's his defense and not being able to improve his handles.

I'm more concerned with KP though. He is getting mixed up in switches and looks like he relies on his length to make up distance. One example is last night when Millsap got a pass in the paint from a switch, KP didn't use his legs and movement to recover in time. By the time he recovered to protect the paint, Millsap passed out to a guy open on the corner for a made 3. It looked like the defender was just sleeping on the 3pt line, but watching it back a few times, he came over to help because KP was slow moving into position.

As a team we get killed in the PnR and it's amazing that it looks like we just haven't gotten much better. Our guys collapse to help in the paint and don't really have a good feel for when to do it. The timing isn't there and it's a tricky thing to get right and you can't get it right all the time. I'm looking forward to a trade but I doubt that happens, so I guess I will settle for getting J Rich and the guys back.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote