View Single Post
Old 05-10-2021, 09:26 AM   #7
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
Nope the 1st one was with Ro Blackmon, Mark Aguirre, D.Harper, Roy Tarpley and company.

I think winning the division back in those days carried more weight.

I believe you were guranteed a top 3 or 4 seed back then...

Also, I might be the minority here but I still think Luka has a long ways to go before I put him on Dirk's level.

Dirk carried this franchise to like 12 straight 50 win seasons and two NBA finals in which he got completely robbed back in 06.

Luka is great and the younger generation of Mavs fans probably missed a great deal of Dirk's best years.

But IMO #41 is the greatest Mavs player ever and top 10-15 of All Time regardless of what the bias media says
If you're comparing the totality of their careers, of course Dirk comes out way ahead of Luka. Top 10 is a stretch, but Dirk is comfortably in the top 20 all-time.

But Luka in year 3 is way ahead of where Dirk was at year three. I don't think it's media bias to say that Luka is a bigger talent than Dirk and has the potential for a better career than Dirk.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote