View Single Post
Old 02-08-2007, 04:30 PM   #38
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog
does the 10 in a year include an average use of jets? or an average use of cars without any use of jets? who knows?

my point is if you want to criticize al gore or barbra streisand go ahead, but the suggestion above is they are polluting MORE than everyone else. so, let's really see if they are....compare what flying in a personal jet is to what they would otherwise do to journey cross country.

comparing the emissions of a jet to an average americans amount of emissions doesn't tell us anything.

you gotta give that writer their due, in one single piece they attempted to paint al gore and streisand not only elitist but also hypocritical. a twofer!
Well honestly they are BOUND to be polluting more than the average person. They have much larger homes, they DO go across country and across continents much more than other folks.

The may not pollute more than other who would have to do the same thing but when I hear streisand talking about hanging laundry...I cry hypocrisy.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote