View Single Post
Old 11-14-2003, 05:16 PM   #7
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Messing around with the Numbers

For the record, I wouldn't advocate a trade for this team. I'd rather see how they progress against he better teams in the league first.

However, since this discussion category is for trades, I'm up for a discussion.

Ostertag doesn't add much offensively or defensively. To me, he's just another 6 fouls to give. I agree it would take Dirk out of the 5-spot and put him where he can be most effective on 4, but that's the only plus for me.

Marion is a beast. I would love to have him on this team. He is a much better rebounder right now than Jamison and Finley individually, howerver, I'm starting to see Finley and Jamison crash the boards successfully. The question, therefore, is Marion's rebounding and offense better than what Jamison & Finley can get throughout the game, and I say no.

I can see the intrigue in the trade, but IMO the benefits are not enough to pull the trigger on the trade.

Oh, I almost forgot, Hardaway. Once a promising player on the decline. His addition to this roster is really a subtraction. He has not completed an entire season and as his body gets older, I don't see that changing. I liked him once upon a time, but he doesn't fit here.
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote