View Single Post
Old 05-14-2008, 05:50 PM   #39
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
Just wanted to put a plug in for an awesome book that I just finished reading. McCarthy has quickly become one of my favorite authors.... It's called The Road, by Cormac McCarthy.

Awesome book! I'm going to finish the Twilight series next with Eclipse so I'll be ready for the final book in August. And yes, I read them. And yes, they are really fluffy on the romance side but the supernatural side(which is the majority) is really intriguing. I started with Twilight because my oldest daughters "best" friend has read them so she wants to read them. So I read it first after researching and finding out it is actually intended for teens+. So she won't be reading it with our consent for a couple of years, but at least I got to enjoy it. (that sounds awful, I know.....)
Such a simple story frame, yet so complex, gritty, and personal (especially for fathers)
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote