Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 04:00 PM   #69
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayth.james.g View Post
I'm truly at a loss. I understand that Rick fails to understand the value of tanking, but you would think someone would force his hand eventually. Dirk or no Dirk, we have a prime opportunity to get a perrenial all star with a top 3 pick (injury risk aside).

Bagley is a better version of Chris Bosh and Ayton is the best 5 prospect (no injury concern) I have seen in a very long time.

While I'm sure I can find some value in the 5+ range picks, the reality is last year's draft was much deeper in tier 1 talent. It went 9 deep. My number 3 on the wish list was DSJ and we got him at 9. That is not the case this year. Can we get a good player at 5-10? Sure. But nothing close to DSJ or potential that we need to move our team in the right direction.
Big time calls in that last paragraph with so little college basketball having been played to date. The pre-draft boards are going to change drastically in the months to go before the draft.

You're dead-on about the likes of Bagley and Ayton, but who's to say, at this point in time, that the draft can't be top-10 heavy? Players aren't allowed to develop anymore?
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote