View Single Post
Old 04-24-2018, 09:48 PM   #11
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly I expect the Mavs to still offer him the Max. Cuban and co don't want to be drafting in the top 5 again, they have said as much with the tanking comments. And as far as comparing the injury to Wes- I still don't think it was entirely the injury that did him in here early. It was bad pg play with Dwill and very very little talent allowing him the same kind of open shots as he was used to. He also got it in his head that he was suddenly able to take guys off the dribble just because he was a max contract player. Maybe he did that because he was just trying too much but the point is he was wide open with Lillard and a prime LMA. Then he came here and had what... Parsons and an aged Dirk and Dwill? He finally looked like the sniper we thought we were getting when DSJ was creating havoc in the paint for him. The real decline will be lateral quickness on defense and athleticism- which hurts Cousins a whole lot more than it did Wes who was able to at least start guarding 3's instead of 2's. Cousins already isn't a great defender and now he'd only be able to adequately defend the plodder type centers. You can forget him being useful at all in pnr defense which is what the league is all about now. If you had Bagley you could maybe hide him though. A team that has been chasing a big free agent for a decade practically is going to offer the max to him regardless of injury, especially considering this FA class is pretty underwhelming. I can almost guarantee it. Unless our medical staff says no the injury doesn't dissuade us imo.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote