Thread: 2019 offseason
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2018, 05:18 AM   #3
Thebo

Thebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to behold

I think 2019 summer will be crazy. There is a good chance that Powell might opt out with an agreement to extend contract with bird years and around 10M a year. Doubtful Barnes would take a risk, he needs a jump forward to warrant a contract similar to money he would be turning down.

This gives Mavs enough money for three (not max) really good players. I went through supposed 2019 free agents and really have trouble seeing anything nice to throw money at. Perhaps only Jimmy Butler but he is still more likely to go somewhere else.

There are obvious max contracts to throw at but I have difficult time seeing those stars joining Dallas Mavs. Even center position is lacking and DeAndre is most likely coming back. Mavs have a need at SF/PF but nothing realistic out there. The summer of 2019 seems to be poisoned free agency where many teams have money to throw out and some really solid players may cash in.

It seems that Powell and Jordan are going to return next summer. It would be nice to swing in and take Ryan Anderson's contract with 1st round pick but I have trouble seeing what kind of protection would make sense for the Mavs (it would be great to have unprotected pick when CP3's legs are really hitting the wall but no protection really guarantees that).
Thebo is offline   Reply With Quote