View Single Post
Old 08-22-2018, 07:50 PM   #62
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Sigh

Cowboys C Travis Frederick Has Guillain Barre Syndrome
August 22nd, 2018 at 6:51pm CST by Dallas Robinson

Cowboys center Travis Frederick revealed on Twitter Wednesday night that he’s been diagnosed with Guillain Barre Syndrome, a rare auto immune disease.

“In the last 48 hours, I have received two treatments that address my condition, and I am feeling much better from an overall strength perspective. I will continue these treatments over the next few days.

I am very optimistic about my condition and the immediate future, as I have been told that the illness was detected at a fairly early stage. My doctors have told me that it is not possible to determine a time table for a return to the field right now, but I am hopeful that I will be able to play as soon as possible.”

Frederick is dealing with neck stingers, and had been searching for more recovery options, as David Moore of the Dallas Morning News recently reported. A “level of concern” reportedly existed with Dallas’ front office, but Cowboys owner Jerry Jones didn’t exhibit any unease during a Tuesday interview with 105.3 The Fan. “[Frederick] had a good day yesterday,” Jones said, per Jon Machota of the Dallas Morning News. “[The results] were positive for the future.”

Frederick is the second Cowboys offensive lineman to deal with injury this week, as All-Pro right guard Zack Martin went down during Saturday’s preseason game, but ultimately escaped with just a hyperextended left knee. Frederick’s ailment is clearly more serious nature, and it sounds as though he’ll be sidelined for the foreseeable future. For now, Dallas will turn to backup center Joe Looney, where he’ll be joined by Martin, Tyron Smith, La’el Collins, and Connor Williams on one of the league’s best front fives.

Frederick, 27, has started 80 consecutive games for the Cowboys. A four-time Pro Bowler, Frederick graded as the league’s No. 3 center in 2017, per Pro Football Focus. He inked a six-year, $56.4MM extension in 2016, a deal that now ranks fourth on an annual basis among centers behind Ryan Jensen, Brandon Linder, and Weston Richburg.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote