View Single Post
Old 12-03-2019, 12:38 PM   #79
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
*shrug* Dunno what to tell ya. I think you are about the only one who thinks we lost much talent with Barnes. I don't think Barnes has that much talent or that we're noticeably less talented with Barnes than with Jackson/Wright. Talent does win out in the NBA. But Barnes isn't that talented, so I'm not concerned about the loss of his talent.

Seriously, are we actually talking about the same person? Because "some journeyman skills" and "not a legit starter" is pretty much how I think of Barnes. He'd be a nice sixth man. When you say that none of them will "play at the level of a player like Barnes," the rest of us are sitting here scratching our heads thinking, "... that guy?" Seriously, "the level of a player like Barnes???"
FWIW - i think probably Barnes helps us out with winning more this year. Just thinking about who we have to be able to guard guys like LeBron and Kawhi and PG or even Giannis... one thing I appreciated about Barnes was that he was strong enough and stubborn enough to compete at least and had respect as a solid veteran.

I don't think we've got a good feel for the ceiling that guys like Jackson/Wright can reach. Probably the Mavs had a good understanding of what Barnes was capable of. I personally feel like barnes has probably peaked. he is what he is and probably is not going to elevate his game further. From that perspective, why not take a chance with some younger guys to see if you can find a better fit or unlocked potential?
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote