View Single Post
Old 12-05-2019, 01:11 AM   #97
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

I've watched quite a bit of the Lakers this season, and so far what I've seen has confirmed what I felt from the moment Lebron showed up there- Anthony Davis is not only the best teammate Lebron has ever had, but he's the best teammate Lebron could have ever hoped for. AD is the teammate Lebron has needed, and has probably dreamed of his entire career. He may have won two titles with Wade and one with Kyrie, and he very well not win any with AD, but still, AD is the perfect player to maximize Lebron's abilities at this late stage of his career.

This is one of the most fascinating things to me about Lebron's career. He has always been more Magic than Michael. Lebron has always been more comfortable as a facilitator first, scorer second. However until this, his 17th year in the league, he has never had the right teammates. As phenomenally talented as Wade and Kyrie were, and as much success as Lebron had with them, they were both ball dominant guards. And as much as those guys could score, Lebron still always had to be the primary scorer and first option. The perfect teammate for Lebron has always been a super athletic big man who can shoot from anywhere and dominate off the pick and roll. Isn't it telling that Lebron is about to lead the league in assists for the first time in his career, at age 35?

AD is the guy I'm sure he hoped Kyrie would be- the guy who can carry Lebron into his twilight years. The Duncan to his Robinson.

Hate Lebron all you want. You can call him a lot of things, but the one thing you cannot call him is dumb. The dude is strategic AF. He knows what the hell he's doing. I have no doubt this is what he planned all along. He had this sh*t mapped out in his head at least a year in advance. He knew when he went to LA that he would probably have to sacrifice a year of his career, but that it would pay off big time. He knew AD was the one guy who could carry him further than anyone else, and he knew he could get him. For all last year, the talking heads wrote him off, talked of him being washed up, and how horrible his start was with the Lakers. A few short months later, his team has the best record in the league, and he's one of four leading MVP candidates. He's having the last laugh yet again... He knew what the hell he was doing.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 12-05-2019 at 02:44 AM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote