Thread: 2020 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2020, 11:09 PM   #98
LukaThaDonPart2
Banned

LukaThaDonPart2 is just really niceLukaThaDonPart2 is just really niceLukaThaDonPart2 is just really niceLukaThaDonPart2 is just really niceLukaThaDonPart2 is just really niceLukaThaDonPart2 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
We trade down from Giannis twice in part because we “needed” a point guard and wound up with Shane Larkin instead. We also passed on other much better players like Gobert(maybe because we thought we were getting Dwight Howard?)
No disagreement that the office has made some god awful terrible draft moves and basically punted away the last decade after the championship to chase stars. But I'd like to think hopefully it's in the past. I don't even know how much they really cared about who they drafted then, their goal was to chase stars not draft some guy named Giannis. (their logic at the time) So it was flawed from the outset.

But you're trying to compare when we had no stars other than Dirk past his prime to now we have two. It's not the same situation at all. Unless they're clueless they have to see what's happening on the floor we need defensive help. You draft some point guard who can score but can't play defense how will that really help us?

I was somewhat being sarcastic about every draft pick being a SF but I'm not drafting a point guard unless he can play off the ball and defend. I don't think we're going to be in many situations to get great players anyway we're either going to be too good or have to give up our 1st rounders to the Knicks in the coming years.

Last edited by LukaThaDonPart2; 08-25-2020 at 11:19 PM.
LukaThaDonPart2 is offline   Reply With Quote